Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shooting a Commercial



A few weeks back I shot a commercial for Home Goods with director Dave Meyers. I had recognized him from the many Making the Video episodes I watched on MTV. No matter how much I begged he would not let me use a wind machine for my hair.

Here he is with his buddy Pink


Chatting with Brandy


Driving a giant hot dog


The shoot was fun. I worked from 7:00AM to 3:00PM. They fed us a lovely lunch, where I got to sit and joke with hilarious crew members.



I am merely admiring my home in the ad, but it took dozens of takes to see that I was convincingly pleased and that it was really my home. Remember kids, step on your mark, put your face in the right light, look with your eyes--not with your head, show glee, THEN say the line!

6 comments:

Mo Diggs said...

I am merely admiring my home in the ad
Who are you kidding? We all knew you gave that house a smoldering look!

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Hungry eyes...I see the magic between you and IIIII...

soce said...

Congrats!!! I've seen dave meyers all over mtv, back when they did music videos, and then he even had his own episode of mtv cribs..

can't wait to see it!!!

Abbi Crutchfield said...

I just realized how lazy the rhyme scheme is to the song, "Hungry Eyes".

I also thought it was "one look at you and I hit my thighs", because Patrick Swayze does a lot of thigh-slapping in Dirty Dancing.

@ Soce: I think it's only airing in neighborhoods with Home Goods stores. Write your mayor and tell him you want a Home Goods built on your block!

thisisntjimmy said...

Kohli and I just saw the commercial... don't ask me why we were watching Leno...

thisisntjimmy said...

ummm... and it was awesome! (you... not leno... he was just so-so)