Thursday, September 24, 2009

The No-Poo Chronicles: You Otter Know

In an effort to save money, help the environment, and restore my hair's health, I am trying not to use shampoo for two weeks. Is that even possible?!



Day 10: Fresh start with the fifth wash. I cradled my shampoo bottles lovingly in my arms, like Dumbo's mama who has to hold him from a jail cell.

WARSHing: I went without the ACV rinse because I'm paranoid that it causes dryness. While washing, I felt a coating of oil, all the way down to the ends. Like an otter. But it's not the texture of greasy hair; it feels like protected hair, as in shielded from dryness. The down side is I feel like my hair will never be "silky soft" while washing it. That's something to get used to. Or hate for eternity.

Styling: I did not comb at all. I just wrung my hair out, applied the Rosemary leave-in, and blotted dry. There's some frizz at the top, but thanks to the sunny weather (no humidity), it looks pretty great today.



*wolf whistle* if I do say so myself.

No comments: