Monday, September 14, 2009

The No-Poo Chronicles: Olive Oil To the Rescue

In an effort to save money, help the environment, and restore my hair's health, I am trying not to use shampoo for two weeks. Is that even possible?!



Day 1: First wash while scrubbing with nothing but water. Conditioned with 2T Apple Cider Vinegar in 6 oz water. Out of the shower, I combed my hair while it began to dry which caused it to frizz. I added a teaspoon of olive oil in my hands and put it all over the hair. I loved the results and was pleasantly surprised with the shape and definition. It made me wonder if my style was so nice because I had not fully washed the old products out. My only complaint for the day was that Luke noticed the vinegar smell even after my hair was dry.

Photo after first wash:



Thank you Olive Oyl!

5 comments:

Chris said...

It makes your left eye puffy!

Abbi Crutchfield said...

No it doesn't! Take that back!

Chris said...

Sorry... I mean your right eye.

Unknown said...

@Chris You stop that right now! Have you not learned by now what to say or not to say to women?

Abbi Crutchfield said...

YEAH!