Monday, September 21, 2009

It's All Goods

My buddy Chris from Cynical-C.com writes:

My friend Ana in San Juan emailed me to ask if that girl with curly hair on my blog has a Home Goods commercial.

You're huge in Puerto Rico.


How cool! (For the record, I define cool as someone throwing a ball of paper in a trash can three feet away.) I have received lots of nice words on Facebook about this television appearance. You might remember when I wrote about shooting it. Since I have no pictures of it, here is a story board, as it has been described to me.

I poke my head in the door...



I notice how fabulously I've decorated my home...



I walk all the way in and greet my house...



Then they flash the Home Goods Logo.


It sounds as though they did not keep my ad-lib: "Come check me out at Botanica Bar on Sundays and Root Hill Cafe on Mondays!"

5 comments:

Chris said...

Better yet, they dubbed you in Spanish. My friend said that you sounded like a young Erik Estrada.

Ok, I made up the Spanish bit..... They dubbed you in English. But the Erik Estrada comment stands!

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Coincidentally, I am opening a brunch restaurant based on '80s dramas, and the special is Erik-e-Strata

soce said...

Man, I hope this ends up on youtube some day.. you can always add in the show promotion in post-production, like it was meant to be!

Unknown said...

So, I have to take a trip to San Juan to see you on TV? I am going to have a talk to your agent...Abbi must take over the world....

Seriously though, that is awesome...I love me some Homegoods ;)

Abbi Crutchfield said...

@ Soce: Let's hope we just see more of me on the boob tube.

@ Karine: You're used to flying so it shouldn't be a problem :) Thanks for the support!