Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The No-Poo Chronicles: Bread Head

In an effort to save money, help the environment, and restore my hair's health, I am trying not to use shampoo for two weeks. Is that even possible?!



Day 8: First week completed! How did I make it this far? The results have been so infuriating. Case in point, I had my fourth wash today. I know I just washed it yesterday, but it was frizzy beyond repair, and felt really dry. I didn't want to rake it into another ponytail puff. For the first time I feel like the ACV is drying me out. You're supposed to condition! Why have you forsaken me? When I finger-combed the vinegar through in the shower, sections of hair started to frizz before my eyes. When I rinsed it, the ends felt dry.

I looked up a more advanced, all-natural leave-in remedy besides olive oil. (1 Tablespoon jojoba oil, 1 Tablespoon sweet almond oil, 1.5 teaspoons veg gylcerin, 10 drops rosemary oil, and water in a spray bottle to fill) It's still rainy out so I tried wearing a bun. It was too drippy on my forehead, and since I can't towel dry without causing frizz, I took it down. But ooh la la, check out the waves! The oil seems to tame the frizz, even if I do smell like focaccia bread.



Chris if you say anything about my puffy eyes I will slap the black off you.

3 comments:

Chris said...

LOL.

Wait, you'd really hit Karine?

Unknown said...

@Chris no she wouldn't...she would hit you and not miss...

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Don't test me boy!