Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The No-Poo Chronicles: Hakuna Matata

In an effort to save money, help the environment, and restore my hair's health, I am trying not to use shampoo for two weeks. Is that even possible?!



Day 3: Wore my hair in a ponytail. Ponytail is a last-resort style, because the hair no longer has a pleasant shape. It starts doing a SideShow Bob kind of thing. My scalp is a little itchy, and the perimeter of my face is a little broken out (possibly from the olive oil). At the end of the day, I brushed with boar's hair(which comes as bristles on a brush; I'm not actually holding a live boar) to distribute my scalp's natural oil. For some reason boar's hair is recommended over plastic bristles, and there's big talk about spreading your natural oils down the length of the hair. I dont' even know what oil is doing up there in the first place. You have to take for granted that these are the properties of hair and it's not just some Hippie Conspiracy. Anyway, the result was Chaka Khan.



Oh well. Hakuna Matata...no worries! I'm washing again tomorrow to start fresh. Itchy head, bad skin, bird's nest hair...it's going to get better, right?

No comments: