Friday, September 25, 2009

The No-Poo Chronicles: Daily Dose of Micro Fiber

In an effort to save money, help the environment, and restore my hair's health, I am trying not to use shampoo for two weeks. Is that even possible?!



Day 11: I slept in the scrunchie last night. I gave it a spritz of Rosemary leave-in today, but I'm not sure that does much once my hair is dry. It might even add to the frizz since the spray is mostly water. I think it looks fine today too though.



Don't be fooled by my face in the picture; I'm happy. Maybe I'm over the hump of bad hair days or maybe it was the rainy weather in the past week. Or it could be that I used my fingers instead of a comb to detangle. I'm going to avoid washing on humid/rainy days, and I'm going to try never to comb it once I'm out of the shower. I read recently that curly-haired people should use micro fiber towels. I get by with a paper towel, t-shirt or cotton bath robe.

5 comments:

comedy movies(us) said...

i love comedy

Abbi Crutchfield said...

The above comment is spam, but it reminds me of that scene in "A Christmas Story," when Ralphie's in line at the department store, and the kid in front of him turns around and grins and says, "I like Santa," and Ralphie says, "...Yeah." But the kid just keeps staring at him.

Chris said...

LOL. You forgot to mention that the kid in front of him was wearing goggles.... much like the spammer.

BTW, since you're wearing shades I'm just going to assume that your eye is still puffy. YOU NEED SLEEP!!!

Comedian Luke said...

Is that a "the more you know" star in the upper left corner of that towel picture?

Abbi Crutchfield said...

@ Chris: I'll sleep when you're dead. Is that how the expression goes?

@ Comedian Luke: Yeah! Let's split a PB & J and go do our homework.