Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The No-Poo Chronicles: Comb Down the Pounds

In an effort to save money, help the environment, and restore my hair's health, I am trying not to use shampoo for two weeks. Is that even possible?!



Day 9: Fluffy hair was not my goal with this project. Sure it's soft,
but it's just a mass with no definition after sleeping on it. Like the kids who do the book reviews on Reading Rainbow. Ah, the 1980s, when a cloud of hair was an acceptable style among young and old alike. But you don't have to take my word for it!

To style, if you could call it that, I used the Foccacia Bread spray. I also found a recipe online for a new and improved vinegar solution, called an Herbal Vinegar Rinse.



Fill a jar or bottle about half-full with a combination of some or all of the following herbs: rosemary, sage, chamomile, catnip, yarrow, lemon peel, orange peel, basil, lavender. Fill the bottle or jar to the top with vinegar-- use a good quality apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar. Seal and shake every day for a few weeks. Strain and use a tablespoonful in your final rinsing water.

I forget where I found it, but here is a similar recipe with more detail from Tipnut.com

No comments: