Tuesday, August 18, 2009

They Can't Take That Away From Me


Good news! Due to the break-in last week, Luke and I have had an excuse to clean up our apartment. I am uncovering all kinds of gems like old ID badges from when I was a temp, and an airbed repair kit that reminds me of this toxic bubble toy I used to play with.

It turns out the burglars didn't steal our sunglasses; they threw them into an old box after they decided they weren't worth anything. My friends were nice enough to lend me this awesome Flip camera to tape comedy sets while we wait to get a new camera.

Ah yes, getting the new stuff. It is a known fact that criminals like to rob a place again after about a month, because that is how long it takes to recuperate valuables. My buddy Frank said his camera was stolen, he bought a new one, and then it was stolen again the exact same way as before. How do you get around it? You downgrade.

Instead of a desktop we will equip our corner table with a Lite Brite.

Instead of a laptop we will use an Etch-a-Sketch.

And instead of a jar of change to hold our pennies, we will now keep a gun.

3 comments:

H. Alan Scott said...

Lite Brite's forever!!!!!

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Well, sometimes Lite Brite's aren't all they're cracked up to be...

Chris Z. said...

I say put the penny jar back, but leave a prize in the bottom, say a pit viper?
Go by Ikea and snag a couple of their display TV/Laptops. The ones that are shells from Panasonic or whoever, that would seriously fuck with a thief's head.