Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Woman I'm Afraid of Turning Into


New York Photographer Anya Garrett (who is like the Andy Warhol of our generation) is debuting her exhibit "The Woman I'm Afraid of Turning Into" tonight!

Together with Lisa Levy, she has interviewed a dozen of today's most dazzling funny women (including MEEEEE) to find out what their anxieties are about a career in comedy, and then photograph them portraying their fearsome future. My fear is that I won't have time to raise kids, so I'll focus all my nurturing energy into treating my dog like a person.

(This is me treating my dog like a throw pillow.)

12 Portraits of hilarious and beautiful comedians -- Abbi Crutchfield, Amy Schumer, Ann Carr, Becky Yamamoto, Carolyn Castiglia, Leah Dubie, Livia Scott, Mara Herron, Ophira Eisenberg, Sherri Eldin, as well as the artists themselves Anya Garrett and Lisa Levy.

GRAND OPENING - THURS. 7/15
5pm-7pm
HEREart GALLERY
145 Ave of the Americas
(entrance on Dominic - one block south of Spring)
http://here.org/programs/here-art/
212.352.3101

Free admission! Free wine! First come, first served!

AFTERPARTY -- ANTARCTICA BAR
287 Hudson Street (near Spring)

For More Info: http://anyagarrett.com/wiati.html

Other women I am afraid of turning into...


No comments: