Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sometimes Some Crimes Go Slippin' Through the Cracks



ARGH! I did it again! Last night I was scheduled to leave Positively Awesome early to perform on someone else's show. I guess I was so focused on producing that I forgot to hand the reins over. I wish I could say it was the first time this has happened.

The shows I've missed in my life (and the people who have accepted my apologies):

Little Ethnic Girls and Friends at Stand-up New York (Maria Shehata and Helen Hong)
Ed Sullivan on Acid at Freddy's Back Room (Pat O'Shea)
Custer Fluck (Jeff Ashworth)
Beauty Bar (Vince Averill and Jesse Popp)
Kofi Anan and the Laugh Squad at Chelsea International Hostel (Jay Welch)

I'm not posting this to broadcast that I have early-onset Alzheimer's but more as a way of holding myself accountable. Especially during busy weeks where I have a show every night. Next time I miss your gig, your pizza's hot, or it's FREE!

2 comments:

crutch said...

while not funny to you, i find it hilarious that your previous post was your schedule for the week, and you still forgot the 830 show...lol. maybe that was just one too many shows. hope they let you make up for it and invite you back.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

I like to think geniuses are forgetful. Albert Einstein never remembered to tie his shoes. Or he learned how to do it late in life because he had Asperger syndrome. Anyway, we both have crazy curly hair.