Friday, April 24, 2009

Countdown: No More Days (Lift-off!)

Getting married tomorrow. Thanks for reading my blog while I'm away. I'll try not to entertain you while on my honeymoon although I hear one of the nightly performance offerings is a Michael Jackson impersonator. It will be difficult not to fill you in on what I am sure will be countless tales of run-ins with lizards, insects, rude European tourists and sequined gloves (caught by me). How about this? I will take a picture of everything that conforms to the list of predictions below and post them subsequently. Let's see how well I do:
1. A picture of me with paper umbrellas up my nose
2. A scorpion insolently burrowing a hole within six feet of me.
3. A misspelled sign that becomes a running gag
4. A bald little person dating a model
5. A celebrity sighting (level of Extra anchor or below)
6. A monkey in a bellhop suit

In the mean time, thanks for the kind words you've left in my online wedding guest book and your patience as I restock Michelle Obama's wardrobe with spring colors.

8 comments:

Average Jane said...

Congratulations on your wedding!

anne altman said...

CONGRATS!!!

The Critic said...

Congratulations. On my honeymoon in the Bahamas, I danced on stage at an "island show" and almost ate fire. I expect no less from a seasoned stage performer as yourself.

Mo Diggs said...

Congratulations on your marriage and honeymoon! And Michelle Obama's coming back? YAY!

Chris said...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo.... When will there be a little comic running around???

Abbi Crutchfield said...

@ Average Jane: Thanks! Hello from the Great Beyond, where Internet is used 60 min at a time.

@ Anne Altman: Thanks! I'll donate any and all weird wedding photos.

@ The Critic: Luke and I keep hoping the night time entertainment will be a stand-up, and we happen to know him/her, and he/she invites us to do a guest spot. But so far it's been bringing drunken guests up on stage to participate in Japanese Game Show-style stunts.

@ Mo: And you know this man!

@ Chris: Shame on you. But someone had to say it.

Carol P said...

Abbi- Long time no see. When I was in Vegas I saw a guy who was a dead ringer for Michael Jackson. We all did triple takes. "Hey, wait, is that...." But he wasn't wearing a mask, so it probably wasn't him.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

UPDATE: The only prophecy that came true is a misspelled sign, but it was not a running gag. Hence, no follow-up. Vacation was relaxing though!