Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Hardest Working Birthday Girl in Showbusiness

On this lovely birthday week, catch me pandering for applause at the following shows:

Monday
The Comedy Dungeon
Jazz on the Park Hostel
36 W. 106th Street
8:30PM
FREE

(This has already passed, but it was a great way to kick of the week. Slovenians on laptops, Argentineans wearing golf pants, and a giant chalkboard with foreign gibberish scrawled across it. Crowd work gold mine.)


Tuesday
Comedy for the F*** of It
Alibi Lounge
117 MacDougal
8:00PM
FREE

(It’s just that. Comedy for comedy’s sake. And it’s free, with a very talented DJ and an immensely charismatic host, Del. Stop by and buy me a drank.)


Wednesday
Dorothy Von Irony’s Hour of Comic Literature and Literary Comedy
Chelsea Market
75 9th Ave (btwn 15th & 16th streets)
9:00PM

(I’m hosting this one, so get there early! We have very funny readings and mind games starting as early as 6:30PM)


Slumber Party
Comix (Ochi’s Lounge)
353 W. 14th St (btwn 8th & 9th aves)
9:00PM

(I’ll be on towards the end of the show, but the whole lineup is amazing!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Abbi!

From me and my lurker of a wife. (She likes your blog more than mine.... traitor!)

We would go see a show but we're from the small village of Boston and we're frightened by big cities.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Lurk away my friends. You two are loyal to the brand, as we say in Corporate America. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I will get on the t.v. so you can see me on your own time.

Mo Diggs said...

happy berf dai!

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Fank you Mate. (wearing Ricky Gervais teeth)

Carolyn said...

Damn it - you never did tell me where you were so I could meet up with you. Shit! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love you like a sister, and not even in the black way. Well, not just in the black way.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Thanks woman. After the show I ate a fish sandwich, and we can't all fit in A Salt and Battery. More to come in a blog post.