Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Sanksgiving

I had an early Thanksgiving meal with my good comedy buddy, Josh Sankey.



You might recognize him from every commercial ever made. I have a single boob in this shot. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'm not a cancer survivor. My other one is hiding shyly behind Josh. Come on out, my darling. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Speaking of breasts, look at that turkey! The spread was amazing.

What you don't understand is that in front of the ham was a bowl of sweet potatoes with sugary pecan brittle on top. The stuffing had apples--APPLES--and there were three bowls of cranberry sauce. Mine was the bomb (home made with pears and orange zest), but it was overshadowed by a large Goliath bowl full of SAVORY cran sauce. You heard that correctly. Hot, salty berries. Put that in a gravy boat, and call me Susan.

This nice lady slaved over a hot stove to make one of the most beautiful birds I've ever seen.


She asked me if I wanted some white meat or AN ENTIRE TURKEY LEG.


CHOMP.

I didn't know any of the guests so it was fun to meet so many new people. Everyone had a different story about how they met Josh. "I know him through this guy I met in a bar,"..."I'm his agent,"..."He was my mover once..." I couldn't even remember how I met him; I just was magically on his dinner mailing list. After bumping into him at auditions I decided to trek up to "Camp Wayne" in Jersey City. He's a pretty special guy with an infectious playfulness who is one of the hardest working actor/writer/comedians I know.

Eat a whole turkey leg, meet some strangers and have fun this holiday.

3 comments:

soce said...

Sankey rules!! I actually ran into him for the first time at an audition as well, not too long ago. Very warm, friendly and encouraging guy!! Looks like a fun dinner!

Abbi Crutchfield said...

It was...but not as fun as Frisee Fiesta! What oh what shall I bring...? Are capers exotic?

soce said...

I'd say capers are pretty exotic! That works for me!