Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chris Brawn

Thanks to his slugging average, the recently arrested Chris Brown's picture can be added to the list of celebrity Thug Shots. A thug shot is the unexpected (or perfectly timed) mug shot that turns your squeaky clean image into hardcore and therefore boosts record sales. Who listened to "So Sick" the same after Neyo mean-mugged?



But remember, just because you're a famous musician with a catchy name like Brown doesn't mean the plan is fool-proof. It doesn't always work to your advantage.

5 comments:

badslava said...

Who knew he had a tough side to him?

soce said...

Dude, I am so unhappy that he hit her. I mean besides the fact that no one should hit anyone else ever, he completely threw away his career. He'll still have his talent and his fans, but I don't think the corporations will want to back him any more.

It was a stupid move on his part that I think he will regret every day of his life. If people have relationship problems, they need to talk it out. Not that I'm mister perfection in all aspects of life, but some things should just be common sense.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

@ Slava: I guess despite her pleas, he wanted to "stop the music".

@ Soce: It's not that black and white for me. IS it domestic violence when it happens in a fancy car? I'm so torn.

Anonymous said...

I just learned about MIA the other day and now you're throwing all these new people at me. I really have to start watching this Music Television.

soce said...

That is true.. I suppose you have to do a cost-benefit analysis. I will never be able to listen to the Rihanna / Chris Brown remix of Umbrella ever again, unless I use a cheezy metaphor of something like, "Raining down (my fists on your face)".